Plug-ins and Drivers
At the source, choice
As the #1 pure-play OpenStack vendor, the Mirantis approach is to help companies adopt OpenStack free from proprietary product portfolio strategies or commercial bundling lock-in. Mirantis OpenStack lets you take full advantage of OpenStack’s inherent philosophy of vendor agnosticism and pluggability. That’s why we offer commercial support for a broad selection of OpenStack plug-ins and drivers, so you can take full advantage of your existing infrastructure investments.
Choose your operating system
- Run Mirantis OpenStack on top of most mainstream Linux distributions including Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Through our deep relationship and commercial backing from Red Hat, as well as our partnerships with Canonical and SUSE, the Mirantis support can serve as a point of resolution for issues in the entire cloud infrastructure stack.
Choose your hypervisor
- Use Mirantis OpenStack as a single control plane for your various virtualization environments plus commercial support for OpenStack plug-ins:
Choose your storage infrastructure
- A variety of storage back-ends
- GUI driven configuration and management of Ceph for object and block storage via Fuel
- Commercial support for OpenStack Cinder drivers for mainstream storage vendors, including NetApp, EMC, and Compellent
Choose your network management solution
- Automated setup for basic OpenStack network virtualization configurations via Fuel
- Commercial support for advanced SDN plug-ins for OpenStack Neutron, including Juniper Contrail and VMware NSX
Support across the expanding ecosystem of OpenStack drivers and plug-ins
OpenStack makes it possible for IT platform suppliers to innovate by making a range of drivers and plug-ins and participate in the open source cloud. However, taking advantage of these plug-ins and getting them operational in real-world IaaS environments often requires arcane expertise, particularly when integrated across multiple services. Consider these advantages:
- OpenStack adopters can take advantage of the drivers and deploy them reliably in production using the open source Fuel project, backed by commercial support and integration within Mirantis OpenStack.
- Juniper, Mellanox, and Inktank have already leveraged the community process and Mirantis’ real-world experience to integrate with Fuel.
- Mirantis solution services can also provide custom development to add or enhance OpenStack support for specific vendors and products.